Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New CIA Director Nominee, Gen. Red Foreman, already threatening to stick his foot up our asses.


I'm going to let my naivety run wild here for a moment. Is it a good idea to let a military man be the director of the CIA?
To the best of my knowledge a general answers unconditionally and without defiance to his president; those are his rules. The director of the CIA isn't or shouldn't necessarily be bound by those same rules. I believe, I may be wrong, that the CIA Director can question the president, whereas a military commander doesn't necessarily enjoy that same freedom.
Again, is this a good idea?
Your thoughts please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure that it is a real important issue for anyone other than cable news analysts. It seems like the CIA is under the thumb of the new cabinet position (the name of which escapes me) that is supposed to coordinate and advise the prez on intelligence matters anyway. If this was a real important position to King George, he would have inserted Kaptin Karl Rove in the spot. He's not too busy these days.

Scott DeVore said...

El Capi-tan is going to have his hands full fixing the mess that seems to have blown up since he went from strict policy wonk to double duties.
I understand what the role of the CIA is at the moment and where ultimately this will all be irrelevant, but the precedent that is being set here is suspect. I'm calling shenanigans, right here, right now....SHENANIGANS!!!