Monday, November 05, 2007

My "NFL who gives-a-shit-itus" has been potentially resolved


Under normal circumstances I could care less about the NFL. The problem is that I never really had a team to root for. Initially I tried to be a Bears fan, but that didn't work because really I just wanted them to get done playing so the Cubs could come back on. Then I went on to the Dolphins. That was a bleak tenure. For Christmas one year someone had bought me a Dan Marino Starting Lineup figure, so I assumed that I should like the Dolphins. It didn't last long. Then I went for the Broncos, but that was only in preparation for one day wanting to move to Colorado. It pretty much ended when the Broncos started winning superbowls and I realized that I didn't really give a shit.
I may have finally found a team. Hear me out on this. The only thing that I have been hearing about this season is the Colts/Patriots match-up that took place yesterday. I have been hearing about this throw down since September and I just wanted the damn thing to be over so my sportscast podcasters would talk about something else (like if the Cubs get a shortstop what are they going to do with Theriot). As the anticipation built up I really got tired of hearing about the Patriots, specifically. As the day got even closer I found myself really wanting the Colts to win, just because I was tired of hearing about the Patriots.
This morning I woke up and immediately checked the sports section hoping that the Colts had slaughtered the Patriots. They didn't, but they only lost by 4. After reading the articles I scrolled down to read the comments which were littered with Patriots lovers and Colts haters. In fact on the Fox Sports article, I couldn't find a single comment in support of the Colts. So, dammit that's where I go. I realize that I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately and am one season behind in relishing in my team's championship win, but I am here and now declaring myself a Colts fan. Somebody has to.
(yea Colts)

No comments: