Sunday, August 16, 2009

Beach Story #1



Last week my wife and I went to a beach near our house and took a a long walk along the shore. At one point in our walk I noticed all of a sudden a giant man standing up and stretching. He was reaching his hands way up into the sky. The first thing that I noticed was how freakishly tall this guy was. The first thought that ran through my head was that he was clearly not Spanish. The second thing that I noticed was his junk bouncing around in the breeze. The son-of-a-bitch was stark-ass naked. I pointed this out to my wife. We looked around to realize that everyone around us was naked. It consisted of mostly older people. There was one blonde hottie who had a boyfriend standing by vigilantly on the look-out for anyone staring at her bits and pieces for longer than necessary. My wife had heard that there was a nude beach in Valencia, but had thought it was a myth because no one seemed to know where it was nor did anyone claim to actually having been there. Sure enough we found it. Oddly enough there are no signs or warning of about what you are about to witness (seriously, a lot of old people). There are no barriers, no nothing. There is merely an invisible line in the sand. On one side people have on bathing suits and on the other they do not.
I did notice this, naked people seem to be more in tune with doing spread legged activities. Everyone there was doing something that involved laying down and having their legs spread. None of which involved giving birth.

3 comments:

Ryno said...

When can we expect the next installment?

notabigdecision said...

I discovered your blog tonight and read the whole thing - ok, skimmed though to the stuff to which I could relate. Laughed at the detassling bit, got teary thinking about Relics Records, smuggly recalled the day you first heard the Femmes.

But I want more. 630-740-[the last 4 of your childhood phone number]+[1013]. Call me sometime.

Joe

Scott DeVore said...

Joe, if you check back send me your email address at sdevore1@msn.com.