Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sandberg to coach Peoria Chiefs


Having grown up a Chicago Cubs and Ryne Sandberg fan I may be one of very few that cares about this particular placement in the Chicago Cubs line up. Incidentally Sandberg will be replacing former teammate Jody Davis, who was my brother’s favorite player at the time.

As I'm heading back to the Iowa this summer I imagine I'll have to check out a Cedar Rapids Kernels vs. Peoria Chiefs games, who knows maybe they'll bring him in to show 'em all how 2nd base was meant to be played.

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/6241384

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just heard about this. I hope peoria and cedar rapids are in the same league they change it all the time. Last year there were only 3 games vs. the cubs affiliate in cedar rapids and I was out of town. I bet tickets are a hot item. If you can find some let me know. I'll buy you a popcorn or cotton candy. or better yet a beer.

Scott DeVore said...

I'm one step ahead of you. They play 3 games in CR on July 7, 8 and 9. The finish of with 2 games in CR on August 16 and 17. I've already got people working on those tickets.